Melksham | Published 01/06/2022
|Full Time 39 hours working any 5 out of 7 days*|
Why join us?
Pets Corner has become a larger company however it is still very much a family business at heart where you are a name and not a number. We quickly identify individuals who are keen to progress and will provide them with the necessary training and experience to do so.
Benefits of becoming a Assistant Manager with Pets Corner:
- 35% discount on accessories, 25% on food
- Continuous training and development via our world class in-house training programme and external courses
- Opportunity to earn performance related bonuses
We are an award-winning family run business, and now have over 150 stores around the country.
Dedicated to providing the best animal welfare and customer service in the industry and have a genuine enthusiasm for people and pets to join our Staines store.
The role of Assistant Manager will include:
- Ensuring our animals are well cared for, safe and healthy
- Leading by example by demonstrating a hands-on approach to motivate and train the team
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times and going ‘the extra mile’ when required
- Key holding responsibilities, opening and closing of the store
- Standing in for the Shop Floor Manager
- Processing cash and card transactions, cash up and banking duties
- Checking deliveries and notifying of discrepancies when applicable
- Only ever selling pets once sure that the prospective new owner totally understands the pet’s requirements
- Recommending and promoting products and services to customers
- Maintaining high standards and ensuring products are fully stocked, well presented and clean with a good shelf life
- Keeping up to date with promotions and ensuring shelf labels are up to date
Essential skills required for the role of Assistant Manager:
- Leadership and management qualities
- Unrivalled passion for animals and their welfare
- A confident, positive and helpful attitude
- Strong customer focus with a desire to genuinely get to know our customers and their pets, building strong relationships
- Strong team focus with the ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to confidently handle cash and card payments
- A thirst for continued training including product knowledge, pet welfare policies and professional development
- The drive and determination to work equally well as part of a busy team and under own initiative
Please complete the form below to apply