Temporary Assistant Manager
Acton | Published 10/02/2024
|Full Time - 37.5 hours, working any 5 out of 7 days per week*
Pets Corner is an award-winning family run business, looking for customer focused, friendly and career driven Assistant Managers who have a genuine enthusiasm for people and pets to join our Acton store.
We are the ‘Home of Natural Pet Food’ and the world’s only carbon neutral pet store! We are dedicated to providing the best customer service and nutrition advice in the industry. In this position you can enjoy working for a company where you really can make a difference!
The role of Assistant Manager will include:
- Delivering exceptional customer service and going ‘the extra mile’ for every customer
- Assessing customers’ needs, recommending Pets Corner products and services
- Working with your Store Manager to identify any improvements needed to maximise store sales and performance
- Leading by example by demonstrating a hands-on approach to motivate, train and develop your team using our Pets Corner Curriculum
- Maintaining our high standards and ensuring products are fully stocked, well presented and clean with a good shelf life
- Keeping up to date with pricing, promotions and merchandising
- Key holding responsibilities, opening and closing of the store
- Maintaining accurate inventory by checking deliveries, undertaking stocktakes and investigating any stock losses.
Essential skills required for the role of an Assistant Manager:
- A genuine interest in the Pets Corner vision, our products, and our values
- Strong team focus with the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for customer service with a desire to get to know our customers and their pets, building strong relationships, we love our customers pets as much as they do!
- A thirst for continued personal training and development
- The drive and determination to work equally well as part of a busy team or under your own initiative.
- You do not have to have prior animal experience, just the right attitude and willingness to learn!
Why join us? Pets Corner has become a larger company however it is still very much a family business at heart where you are a name and not a number. We quickly identify individuals who are keen to progress and will provide them with the necessary training and experience to do so.
Benefits of becoming an Assistant Manager with Pets Corner include:
- The most extensive training and development plan in the industry with our Pets Corner curriculum containing over 900 different training documents and dedicated Academy classroom sessions.
- Bonus scheme for all members of our teams
- Staff discount of 35% on accessories, 25% on food, 20% in Dogwood Grooming Salons
- Tools, articles and support to help manage mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Offers across a large range of retail and wellbeing brands, including discounts on gym memberships and fun days out!
Please complete the form below to apply